We consider these days a valuable learning experience.
Things we have learned:
1. From our apartment to the market is about a mile.
2. Three trips in one day equals 6 miles on foot with three kids, one of them a squirming monkey.
3. The squirming monkey prefers to ride on my shoulders while slapping my head.
4. A backpack filled with groceries can easily weigh 50 lbs.
5. Band-aids work great over blisters.
6. An aseptic box of Tomato Juice looks convincingly like apple juice.
7. Coffee without a coffee maker is a disappointment.
8. You can make coffee with a pot of boiling water, a handkerchief, and a pitcher.
9. Mosquitos live in drains and prefer to eat chinese.
10. Our entire lives have beautifully prepared us for this place!